31 March, 2009

It's Tuesday.

Despite having just had my glucose-tolerance test yesterday (and having a bad feeling about it, I might add), I am writing this while blissfully inhaling the smell of fresh oatmeal raisin cookies. I had me a hankerin' and wow are they good! It smells like Christmas in here.

Incidentally, it also looks a lot like Christmas outside. This past weekend the weather was gorgeous! On Saturday, LJ stayed home with the LG and I got to go do the grocery shopping all by myself! (With no child! And no diaper bag!) It would've been the perfect day for a road trip except that we're not quite ready to be on the road yet. On Sunday, I wore summer dress shoes and no socks - it was that nice out.

Halfway through church though, I looked out the window and it was snowing. These were snowflakes so big you could see them through the stained glass windows too. Basically, when all was said and done (sometime yesterday) we ended up with about six inches of fresh wet snow.

Thankfully, it was above zero (or above 32 for my American friends) today so everything was already starting to melt. It wasn't particularly sunny outside, but just the water pooling at the end of the driveway and dripping off the roof is enough to make me feel like Spring.

And speaking of water pooling, the LG had her third day in 'big girl' training pants but her first day with NO ACCIDENTS! It was a bit of an annoying day otherwise because she fluctuated between being ridiculously giddy and aggravatingly cranky but making it through clean and dry was worth it.

4 comments:

Run ANC said...

Holy crap! I've been gone so long that I've missed the big announcement. And now I feel terrible.

Congratulations!!!!

I'll try not to be such a lame-o bloggy friend from now on.

erin k said...

Congratulations LG! (and mommy too, for having the patience.)

It has been snowing here since noon today, and is supposed to continue through tomorrow. That is NOT a very nice April Fools joke.

Brenda said...

Way to go, LG! And I won't tell you that it's 70 and sunny here.

Are you SURE you want to move back up "north"?

Beck said...

It's still pretty snowy here, but we're supposed to have lots of rain, so I have big hopes that by next week, we can go into our backyard for the first time in MONTHS!
Potty training! Way to go, you two!