15 February, 2007

A Wee Bit of Advice For Yous

Okay, well if any of you were thinking of ever moving to Northern Maine, on behalf of Husband and myself, we offer you one word of advice:

DON'T!!!!!

All the nastiness you've seen on the weather reports is true! Even the Farmer's Almanac predicted such a monstrosity of storm! We had at least 6 inches (about 12cm?) yesterday. I woke up at 4:45 this morning to go out and start shoveling/cleaning off the car while Husband got ready for work (he was feeling well enough to at least try going today and it's after noon and he isn't home yet, so I'm guessing he's faring all right). So I shoveled those 6 inches away this morning (and rewarded myself with a lime popsicle at 5:50am) and since then, we've had at least another three or four. Now, however, to add to the mix, the snow is blowing all around. You know, just to make things more interesting....*grumble, grumble*

I've been watching the
neighbour kid across the street try to push out his little Honda for the last two hours. He got it hung up on the snow the plow left at the end of the driveway. Ah...the inexperience of youth. It's really been quite hilarious. And for those of you who think I'm being cruel by watching and laughing, remember this is the same neighbour that didn't even come to the door when we brought over his grandmother's (?) package the other day.

In other news, the wee clothes I ordered from Old Navy came today. So I'm going to post a picture of one of the 'onesies' we picked out. It's actually from the girls' section, but we figured it would work for either. It's darn cute, we think.

Hm, I think I'll also post a picture of the bagels we made the other day. We need to perfect the shaping a little, but they tasted fabulous! (We've been rather industrious in the kitchen lately.)

No comments: