09 December, 2008

A Christmas Meme...Because I Have Other Things to Get Done

Minnesota Mom tagged me for this Christmasy meme. Good timing because it gave me something to write about this week amidst a rather sizeable amount of Christmas busyness. This is the week we finish wrapping presents and get them mailed off to Canada, to the other side of this Continent, and overseas. Feel free to be 'tagged' for the meme, or just leave your answers in the comments!

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate!

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? Santa? Who? Presents are wrapped by real humans (*gasp*) and put under the tree as we go - none of this waiting for Christmas Eve crap.

Colored lights on tree or white? We just got a prelit tree and the lights are all white. More lights than any tree of ours has ever had!

When do you put your decorations up? The first Sunday of Advent.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Christmas ham!

Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Pizza before the Christmas Eve service.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea when but I'm sure my parents just told us. I think my pragmatic mind and 'lack of imagination' (per the observation of my Grade 4 teacher) probably wouldn't allow me to believe in such foolishness.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just one gift? Hah! We open them ALL on Christmas Eve. Getting up early is for crazies and we always spent Christmas Day with Grama & Grampa.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Carefully. 'Unbreakables' at the bottom.

Snow! Love it or Dread it? I do like snow on Christmas...pretty much I like it in December. Then that's enough.

Can you ice skate? Absolutely! What kind of Canadian would I be if I couldn't skate?

Do you remember your favorite gift? Nope. Can't think of a favourite.

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating CHRISTMAS.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Christmas baking. I don't really care what kind, just anything baked with the intention of having around for visitors at Christmas.

What is your favorite tradition? Family Christmas on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with extended family.

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving? I'd rather give. Honestly, I'm not very good at 'getting' gifts.

What is your favorite Christmas Song? Good King Wenceslas! That's the song I sing as the LG's 'lullaby' at night.

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? *gag*

Ever recycled a Christmas present? I'll never tell.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

WOW! I thought we were the only backwards family to open gifts on Xmas eve! Awesome, now I feel normal. I'm doing your meme too! That was cute!

Beth said...

I might do it too :)
Glad to see you are posting! I was starting to miss you!

Run ANC said...

Now...I wouldn't say getting up early is for "crazies" exactly -- it's for parents with kids who get up at 5am or earlier on a regular basis and they might as well have something to do on Christmas morning when they're bleary-eyed. :-)