20 September, 2006

Post Number One

No, I won't label all the blog posts as numbers, but since this is my first ever....

I've been meaning to start a blog since way back in July. I had wanted to before then, but our life never seemed interesting enough. Now here we are on this Trip Across America. One American, one Canadian - a Stranger in a Stranger Land - on our way to a new chapter in Maine. We're excited, terrified, and then excited again.

I'm not promising great things with this blog. Just a few updates now and again about life in Maine and life along the Road to Maine. Maybe a few pictures of our new home (of COURSE, pictures of the cats!) Maybe a bit of political commentary (okay, ranting) and anything else I can think of.

I'm also not promising perfect spelling or grammar. I know I'm Canadian and those things are supposed to be genetically ingrained, but I do slip sometimes. So if you find typos, I'm apologizing now - please keep those findings to yourself. :)

At any rate, I hope you'll enjoy reading this. I'm open for suggestions of things to write about or questions about Maine or life "Back East."

No comments: