24 February, 2009

We're Here!

Well lest anyone start to wonder if I actually made it to Manitoba or not, I figured I bet get something posted up here.

We got here last Tuesday. The trip out was, in two words or less: wretchedly awful. The Little Goat had no interest in sleeping at the hotel, only jumping on the hotel bed and looking out the window at all the passing cars. I hardly slept at all either which turned out to be a good thing since I set my alarm for three PM instead of AM. At any rate, the LG was up at 3:30am Atlantic Time and didn't sleep on the first flight despite still being in pajamas with all the cabin lights dimmed. Alas, she didn't sleep on the second flight either which means that from 3:30am until 12PM Atlantic time, she didn't sleep one wink. I've never been so thankful for seatback television before (or the Treehouse network for that matter).

Anyway, we're here now. My Mom ended up spending a couple extra nights in observation in the hospital back home but is home now and well on the way to recovery.

The LG, on the other hand, is sicker than she's ever been with some sort of evil virus. She's had a fever on and off and been puking and generally lethargic since later Saturday evening.

Other than that, things have been fairly uneventful around here. I went to my best friend's birthday party on Saturday evening and can't remember the last time I laughed that much or that hard - I miss having a good group of girls to hang out with.

Anyway, I'm off to check on the LG who is having her sixth (seventh?) nap of the day.

3 comments:

Jodie | Velour said...

Wow! What a trip! Traveling with children is such a toss-up!

I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing so well, and I'm sorry to hear your little one has been so horribly sick. We've been dealing with the throw-ups too, so I can empathize. :)

And I'm so glad to hear about your girl's night. Those are the absolute best - it's a hard place to be in life when you don't have a good set a nearby place so that you can spend real time together. :) And the laughing tops the list. I'm so glad that you got to do that!! Enjoy the rest of your time there - and I pray that your baby girl is well soon!

Brenda said...

Poor LG. Who knows what she picked up in that re-circulated airplane air! Hope she's better soon so she can enjoy her time with grandparents and your mom's recovery is speedy!

Beth said...

Oh my goodness! Hope everyone feels better and you get some sleep soon! At least you're out of your first trimester....