21 March, 2007

Okay, Who's the Snitch?

Well we've been putting out the traps for three days now and still nothing. So I can only assume some smart-alec gave the mouse the heads-up and he's on to us. On Sunday night the noise was horrible! I still can't decide if he was practicing hurdles or performing Riverdance without the music. Evil cretin! I just want some sleep for crying out loud! Then on Monday night, the crack must've been wearing off because except for a few actual scurryings after 1am, we didn't hear him at all. Last night, we heard him run back and forth a few times but never once did he venture into the kitchen. I'm relatively certain at this point that he's set up surveillance on the cat food bowl. And he's obviously had experience with these mouse traps before. Argh! (When James talked about perseverance, do you think he was also referring to catching mice? Is this developing character??)

In other news, well, okay, it isn't really news - sometimes I'm just not that bright and it irritates me. I'm not sure if it's the extra hormones that are making my brain function below is normal capacity or if I really am this dimwitted sometimes. The second installment of our Childbirth Ed. Class is tonight so I decided to take a shower and wash my hair today before I started painting. After I finished painting, I was cleaning up and changing back into clothes that actually fit and I looked at my hair and gasped.

"*Gasp* Oh my hair....!" There was a nice patch of yellow right on the very top! So instead of washing my hair and putting on a bandanna, which would've been the smart thing to do, I just pulled it back and somehow, SOMEHOW, I managed to get a nice, very noticeable dusting of yellow paint right on the top of my head! Then, in my continuing display of retarded brain function, I grabbed a WHITE washcloth to wash it out. WHITE!

This is particularly embarrassing since I took that IQ test on CBC on Sunday night and actually scored 126 which I was quite excited about. (I think Husband didn't know he'd married somebody quite so smart. Does this mean he has to listen to me more now?) But I probably don't need to tell you that it was the logic category in which I scored the lowest.


Anyway, as mentioned above, tonight is Childbirth Education Part 2. I am not excited. Tonight we actually have to bring a pillow and lay on the floor to practice our breathing. (This is helpful in the long run. This is helpful in the long run....) So meet me back here tomorrow for my in-depth analysis - because I know you're all interested.

3 comments:

erin k said...

Hey hey! You and I have the same IQ!

Is baby's room going to be yellow?

I hope you have a good time at your class. Say hi to the Perrys. he he.

bren j. said...

Nope. The yellow is way too bright for a baby's room. Ugh. I'm really not the biggest fan of it, but it's in the spare bedroom and Luke wanted a bold colour so he got it.

Yes! Same IQ! And did you notice that the Prairies scored highest of all the regions?? We are SO cool.

bren j. said...

Nope. The yellow is way too bright for a baby's room. Ugh. I'm really not the biggest fan of it, but it's in the spare bedroom and Luke wanted a bold colour so he got it.

Yes! Same IQ! And did you notice that the Prairies scored highest of all the regions?? We are SO cool.