09 March, 2007

*Sigh*...and then there was one...

It all happened so fast. I don't think I'll ever really understand the science of it....

We have (nope, make that HAD) these two really great Corpell's Water mugs. A couple years ago when we were Home for Christmas, everybody got Corpell's mugs from my Uncle because he works there. Well, actually, Husband and I didn't start out with any, but whiny pleadings of 'hey, where are
our mugs?' netted us these two fabulous mugs. The perfect size for any hot beverage.

So this afternoon, I was making myself a cup of Neo Citran (thank goodness for Canadian cold remedies) to assuage some of the symptoms of this nasty cold I picked up courtesy of my holiday in MB. I added the drink mix right when the mug came out of the microwave which resulted in a volcano-esque explosion of mix and boiling water. So I grabbed the other mug and poured the first mug's contents into the second. Then I ran water into the first mug to try to salvage some of the undissolved powder and pour it into the 'new' mug. Alas, the water I used was too cold and as you can see from Photo Evidence A and B, the mug is now destroyed.

Ah, cruel world!

And my dear Corpell's mug (
or was it Husband's Corpell's mug?), how I shall miss you....

2 comments:

erin k said...

I'm very sorry about your mug. If it makes you feel any better I broke one of our favourite juice glasses today. We started with four and alas, we are down to one.

bren j. said...

Isn't that just how it goes? We have one of those lone juice glasses too.
My Mom and I are convinced that a talent for breaking glasses runs in the family.